Thursday, March 14, 2013

Caught on the Web #2

In my first post in this series, Meet the Curator, I explained a bit about my social media philosophy, and basically how with all that goes on online it's so easy to miss good content. So from time to time I'll post a list of some things I found pretty cool.

First up is the sketchnotes challenge that Eva-Lotta Lamm is running over on her blog. She has gathered a panel of experts that will give challenge participants feedback on their submissions, imagine the guy who wrote the book on sketchnotes giving you his 2 cents, no really Mike Rhode DID write the book on sketchnotes and it is among the prizes that participants will be competing for. I've taken a peek at the other contestants and there are some really good entries (If you ask me I think the person who needs the MOST work should get Mike's book, at least then I'd be in the running.) Other prizes include Eva-Lotta's own books which are collections of sketchnotes from talks she's attended in a given year, and Brandy Agerbeck's The Graphic Facilitators Guide which I have and highly recommend.  I've posted a pic of my own submission below, make sure to trot on over to Eva-Lotta's blog for all the details the contest ends this Sunday, March 17th.



Next, in light of the really great discussion that has cropped up regarding my C.R.A.P. posts. I thought I'd share a slideshare about designing for presentation. This stood out because of the great use of storytelling which weaves through the whole piece and ties it together nicely. It is a good example of how stories can be used in concert with visuals to make presentations POP!


Design for Presentation: The great eye learns to see from Francis Glebas

Last on the list for this week is a playlist that I put together of videos from The Art of Hosting. As a Visual Thinking partner my aim is to work closely with facilitators to make the most out of group processess. To that end, I enjoy learning about various group facilitation techniques. The videos in the playlist each give a brief overview of various techniques and are helpful if you want to get the gist of a given practice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment